A quick note to update you on last week’s C4I MeetUp, and on big plans for the future.
Happy Paddy’s Day!
Thank you so much to everyone who made time to attend the reboot event for Code For Ireland last Thursday. We are delighted to report on a very positive and well-attended MeetUp.
At the MeetUp we agreed:
- A number of core but essential changes to both the format and the drive behind Code for Ireland, including its European collaboration.
- To this end, all MeetUps will be coding sessions, starting with next MeetUp on 5th April.
- The central project for immediate focus and delivery was voted to be the Transparent Water project, which will be internationalised, working with the current constituents of Code for Europe.
- We will also develop an app to assist refugees and immigrants, as a secondary priority.
We really need you at each and every MeetUp going forward, as every session will be a mini-hackathon. Though even if you cannot make a MeetUp, you can still participate by contributing to the code base on the GitHub repository, assisting Peter with C4I website development, helping Paul and Louise with the Marketing drive, talking to your employer about sponsoring CFI, or maybe start a new initiative that you would like to drive.
Can you please fill out the info below so we might properly include you in the activities between now and next MeetUp? This will ensure we have the team, the resources and the tools kicked off for a red-hot coding session. (Just reply to this mail with the info; fill in what you’re comfortable telling us.)
Last MeetUp attended:
Next MeetUp attending:
Here’s what we have so far:
- GitHub repository:
- Trello and Slack sites for both Code for Ireland and Code for Europe (please join if you have not already)
- A Code for Ireland development lead – Duncan Healy
- A Code for NL lead – Milo van der Linden (who is also the overall Developer Lead for this project)
- An overall Scrum Master for the delivery – Alastar MacAonghosa
- A Marketing team for Code for Ireland led by the Paul Browne
The following are the MeetUp times for Code for Ireland, from now until end of year (18:00 to 21:00 except where stated):
- 5th April
- 26th April
- 24th May
- 21st June
- Summer break
- 20th September
- 18th October
- 22nd November
- Christmas Party – 15th December (time to be decided)
We look forward to hearing from you before the next MeetUp, and to seeing you at the coding event on the 5th April.